The American Red Cross (AmRC) Vietnam Delegation seeks an enthusiasticProgram Internto support AmRC’s project “Building Resilience to Natural Hazards in Center Vietnam – Phase 3”. The project is implemented by a Consortium of AmRC, Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC), Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Plan International Vietnam (Plan), Save the Children (SC), and HelpAge International Vietnam (HAIV) in four central provinces, including Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ha Tinh, and Quang Tri. AmRC, in this project, is working with and through VNRC to implement CBDRM activities in urban cities of Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, and Ha Tinh provinces.
The position will be based in the AmRC Vietnam Delegation office in Hanoi and will require travel to field sites in the different project provinces when necessary. The Program Intern will report to the Program Coordinator of AmRC. This is expected for full-time position in 6-month duration and starting from early of December 2020.
- Provide support in interpretation/translation from Vietnamese to English and vice versa;
- Develop videos and infographics, edit pictures for communication/awareness raising activities;
- Contribute to build and maintain project visibilities through social medias;
- Provide support in taking minutes both in Vietnamese and English;
- Provide support in monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, data entry;
- Provide logistic supports for project workshop/events when necessary;
- Support other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor or similar degree (applicants that are waiting for bachelor degree are acceptable)
- Ability to work effectively within a team or individual with positive attitude
- Good written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher), good knowledge of Google tools (Calendars, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms…), familiarity with picture and video editing software.
- Knowledge of Disaster risk reduction is preferred but not required.
How to apply
Applicants should sent theirresumeandmotivation letter(that clearly define their expectations) to email